Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

It's a BOY!!!


I haven't had chance to pop on here and update in a while as I just haven't had the time. And truth be told I have totally been babymooning and making the most of every minute with my newborn. Yes....my NEWBORN. Baby is here! 

Our beautiful baby boy, Toby Klae Williams, was born on July 6th (a whole week overdue!) at 3.45am. I had my second home waterbirth and it was another amazing experience. Very quick as my first contraction was at 12.45am and he was born at 3.45am. He weighed a massive 9lb14.5oz!



I had just gas and air and the pool for pain relief. We had the lights out, candles lit and some lovely natal hypnotherapy birth music playing. it was very relaxed. My midwife, Mary, was amazing and totally made me feel safe and at ease. We were actually her first proper birth since she officially registered as a midwife so I am really glad it was a great experience for her, she was so pleased and on a huge high!

I had a natural third stage. This is something I had never done before as I have always had the injection to help the placenta along. The contractions for the placenta were as bad as the ones before Toby arrived but I'm so glad I had a fully natural birth. I did have a small tear but it was allowed to heal naturally on the promise I would sit with my legs together for 3 days. No problem, I planned on doing nothing but resting.

We are all totally in love with little Toby, he's so squidgy and cute. Time is flying by, yet it feels like he's always been here.












No comments:

Post a Comment