Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Before I was Mummy.....



I just got to thinking that 10 years ago I would've been pregnant with my 1st baby, Charlie. He was due December 22nd 2002. I went overdue with him and he was born January 1st 2003 at 11.03am after an awful and long induction ending in forceps and ventouse. He weighed 8lb 1oz.

Beautiful baby Charlie Blaise

Before I was a Mummy, life was pretty boring. I had a couple of jobs but nothing I ever really stuck at too long. Graham and I bought a little 2 bedroomed house just before I fell pregnant with Charlie. It was a tiny little house. 2 up, 2 down and not a lot more, but it was home. We made it nice and cosy and we loved it. It was our first proper home and we even had a garden with a little shed at the bottom!

I only seem to remember the weekends before I was a Mum. Friday nights would usually be spent having a few drinks in a local pub. Saturday we would usually go for a mooch round town, spend some of hubbys wages and end the evening with a takeaway. Sunday was spent with a looooooooong lie-in watching the Hollyoaks Omnibus in bed and eating the leftover takeaway from the night before for our brekkie (gross i know!).

It didn't really get more exciting than that.

But the day I became Mummy was the best day of my life! The love I felt for this little human being was amazing! The magic of Christmas when I was a child came back, only with tonnes more magic. Birthdays really were special occassions. Holidays were amazing, just to see babys first time on the beach, babys first paddle of toes in the sea. Suddenly I felt significant, and I knew I was put on this earth to be a Mum!
This is why I have gone on to have 3 more beautiful babies.

I love being a Mummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment